Friday, June 25, 2010

Sorry to make you wait...

So last night, I attended Washington Women and Wine, "Celebrate the Tastes of Southern Italy", courtesy of my friend Bill Sanders, CEO of Crush + Press - online retail distributor of fine olive oils and wines.

I have to say, I was unsure about what to expect from last night's event at Potenza, but it was really something special. I loved it! Natalia Ravida and Principessa Marina Colonna presented their fine olive oils for tasting with wonderful meats and cheeses from Southern Italy. I was in heaven! (oh, and she's a real princess, btw)

They were both amazing entrepreneurs and very self-possessed women. I look forward to joining the ranks very soon. After sampling a series of Colonna citrus olive oils, I informed Marina (as she prefers to be called) of my move to Italy in just a few short months (wait it's more like a few short weeks! eek!). With no hesitation she handed me her number and told me to call her when I travel to Rome! She explained to me that Italy is linked through so many long-standing relationships, and she offered her guidance through what appears to be a very delicate weave of important contacts. Well... when in Rome!

I have to work tomorrow (yeah, Saturday, I know!) and although I'm loving sharing with you what's going on these days, I'm really going to have to turn in.

But before I go... some pics from my entrance portfolio for design school. These are from my fashion art sketches - not your typical renderings, but I think they're clear and you can get the idea.



Disfrute!

No comments:

Post a Comment