Monday, August 30, 2010

Long Awaited, Much Anticipated, Sorry it’s Belated! Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in Miami...

From July 15 - 19, I was in Miami for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week as a volunteer. Because I signed an agreement, I am not at liberty to discuss the details of my involvement with Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, but I what I can tell you is that it was amazing, and that I look forward to doing it again.


As this was my first step into the fashion industry, I entered with a little trepidation. I wondered mostly how I would be received. I was not prepared to be received with open arms... I fell in love. It felt like “Nina, where have you been? We’ve been waiting for you. So glad you decided to come!”


I learned a ton working the event and I wouldn’t trade the experience for the world. I worked on shows for True Religion, Trina Turk, Crystal Jin, Marysia, and others.


I also worked at the trade show Salon Allure, hosted at The W Hotel South Beach. I randomly bumped into Nene Leakes of Housewives of Atlanta in the elevator! The Salon Allure trade show hosted the top names in swimwear and concluded each day in the style suite overlooking Miami Beach. Hating myself right now for not getting a great photo in this room. I was too tired to think!


While out in Miami one night I bumped into this guy. Jim Jones!



I also had my first opportunity to model - runway for swimwear! Funny and awesome all at the same time. I had the best time, but unfortunately I do not have the photographers photos. Here are a few of me goofing off in Miami with some of the volunteers at this great Cuban restaurant in South Beach. I hope you enjoy!



I sure hope Italy feels like this... overwhelmingly fabulous!





No comments:

Post a Comment